Search for a job
- Competitive salaries£22,750 minimum starting salary for single managers (solely running the pub).
£37,000 minimum starting salary (joint) for a management couple (running the pub together).
In addition to the minimum salary, you will also receive a live-out allowance. The amount varies in the range £5,000–9,000, depending on location. Each member of a management couple will receive 50% of the live-out allowance.
Additional £1,500 London weighting allowance, if placed in certain pubs within the M25.
- Bonus scheme – earn up to 50% of your basic salaryPaid monthly, you can earn up to 50% of your basic salary in bonuses, based on pub profit, sales, stocks and outcomes of mystery visits.
- 30 days’ holidayYou’ll be entitled to 30 days’ holiday per annum, pro rata, for part-time employees.
- DiscountsFrom day one of your employment, you will be eligible to join mydiscounts and receive discounts from over 2,000 retailers.
You can also receive 20% discount, when dining in our pubs or staying in our hotels.
Free food, while on duty.
- Free sharesAfter 18 months’ service, you will be eligible to receive free shares in the company, as part of our fantastic share incentive plan.
- Private medical insurancePrivate medical insurance, after a qualifying period.
- Contributory pension schemeFrom day one of your employment, you will be eligible to join the J D Wetherspoon Stakeholder Group Personal Pension Plan. This will require a minimum personal contribution from you, plus a contribution from the company.
- Loyalty reward schemeAs a reward for loyalty, the following leave is paid to all employees who have completed the following complete years’ continuous service. The holiday entitlement outlined below is in addition to normal annual holiday entitlement and is a ‘once only’ additional period of holiday.
5 years – 1 week’s paid holiday
10 years – 2 weeks’ paid holiday
15 years – 4 weeks’ paid holiday
20 years – 6 weeks’ paid holiday